Mango is hands-down my favourite fruit. With nuances of orange,
peach and melon, it’s like no other fruit. Ripe Kent, Palmer or any
other type of non-fibrous mangoes are preferred for this bright and
4 cups (1 L) honey graham
2/3 cups (160 mL) light brown sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) lime zest
½ cup (125 mL) coconut flakes, toasted
1 cup (250 mL) melted butter
4 ripe Kent mangoes, peeled and sliced, divided
2 lb (900 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
2 tsp (20 mL) pure vanilla extract
6 large eggs
Juice of 1 lemon
Remaining sliced mangoes
½ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Prepare a 10-inch (25 cm)
springform pan by greasing the bottom and lining with a
circle of parchment paper.
2. To prepare the crust, in a large bowl, combine graham
cracker crumbs, brown sugar, lime zest, coconut and butter
and mix until the crust is sandy and coarse.
3. Put the mixture into the lined springform pan. Press down
with a spatula until it’s compact. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove and let cool.
4. To prepare the filling, in the bowl of a food processor, add
mangoes and puree. Add remaining ingredients and puree
5. Pour filling into crust in the pan, then place the pan on top
of a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven, about 90
minutes or until set in the center. (To maintain a vibrant
color, form a dome with a piece of foil over the pan).
6. Remove from oven. Let cool, then transfer to the refrigerator
to chill for 1 hour.
7. Serve garnished with mango slices, pomegranate seeds, mint
leaves and whipped cream…delish!