#cubanflan #lemonflan #flan #cremecaramel
CLICK BELOW FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO
If you are a lover of delicious lemony desserts, try my Lemon Créme Caramel.
It’s authentically Cuban with evaporated and condensed milk for that cool,
creamy custard texture and flavour.
Makes two 9-inch (23 cm) pies
Lemon Jelly Cubes
1 can frozen concentrated lemonade
2 tsp Agar Agar Powder
1 envelope plain gelatin
Caramel (dry method)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup lemon curd
Juice and Rind of 1 lemon
2 cups cream cheese (2- 250g packages)
1 ½ cups evaporated milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cans condensed milk
Mint leaves for garnishing
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat with the lemonade, Agar Agar and bring
to a boil. Remove from heat, whisk in the gelatin, let cool then pour into a plastic container.
Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight. Cut into desired shapes to garnish flan.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚ F (180˚C). Prepare the caramel by adding the sugar to a dry small skillet
Over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally until sugar melts and the colour turns amber. Remove from heat and pour into the pie dish.
3. Put the softened cream cheese, eggs and a splash of the milk in the bowl of a blender or food processor. Add all ingredients (except for mint leaves) and purée well.
6. Pour the flan over the caramel, place in a Bain Marie (hot water bath), with water halfway up the sides of the pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
7. Refrigerate flan for 1 hour. Remove the dish, and turn over onto a plate, Serve topped with lemon jelly, mint leaves and whipped cream.