There is nothing more comforting than warm chocolate oozing out of a
casserole dish with a buttery custard crust, top it with a duo of Sweet n Nice Caribbean Coconut & Chocolate- Banana Ice Cream…Pure Bliss!
¼ (60 mL) cup milk
3 oz semi sweet or dark chocolate
1 cup (250 mL) butter
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla
1 ¼ cups (310 mL) milk
1 ½ cups (375 mL) All-purpose flour
½ cup vanilla custard powder
2 Tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
6 Tbsp (90 mL) cocoa powder
½ tsp (1 mL) ground coffee (optional)
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
1 cup (250 mL) dark brown sugar
2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Transfer a 13-x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish with the butter in the oven to melt.
2. Place a small saucepan with the milk over medium heat, when tiny bubbles form around the perimeter, add the chocolate and stir to melt. Remove from heat, pour ganache over the melted butter in baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, add the milk and vanilla.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add flour, custard powder, baking powder and sugar. With the mixer on its lowest speed, gradually pour in the milk mixture and continue mixing to form a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter over the ganache.
6. In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients for the chocolate topping together. Sprinkle over the batter. Add the boiling water, transfer to the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve with Sweet n Nice Caribbean Ice Cream.