#frittata #Sweetpotato #eggs #eggfarmersoftoronto #getcracking #foodlandontario
Shredded sweet potatoes are the base for this scrumptious frittata.
A crispy subtlety sweet crust with an egg soufflé mixture that is perfectly cooked.
It’s perfect for a weekend brunch!
1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
1/2 cup (125 mL) diced pancetta or
1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red bell peppers
1/4 cup (60 mL) diced orange bell peppers
1 cup (250 mL) broccoli florets, cut in half
1 cup (250 mL) colored cauliflower florets (purple, cheddar) cut in half
2 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1 dozen large eggs
1/4 cup (60 mL) half and half cream (10%)
1 head garlic, roasted (remove cloves)
1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds, toasted,
1/4 cup (60 mL) green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika
Crème Fraiche for garnishing
Sprouts or micro greens for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to broil on high.
2. In a large cast-iron ovenproof skillet, heat 3 Tbsp (45 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until crispy. Set aside in a small bowl.
3. Add red and orange peppers, broccoli and cauliflower to skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Season grated sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and drizzle with remaining oil and pack down in the skillet with a spatula to cover the bottom of the pan. Place skillet in oven and broil on high, about 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, break eggs into a bowl and whisk in cream. Season with salt and pepper. Using oven-proofed gloves, remove skillet from the oven and pour eggs over the potatoes.
6. Place vegetables, pancetta and roasted garlic cloves over the eggs. Sprinkle with cheese, fennel, green onions and paprika. Transfer pan to the oven and continue to broil for 5-6 minutes more or until eggs set. Garnish with Crème Fraiche, broccoli sprouts and serve with crusty garlic bread.