Makes 1 cup (250 mL)
1 cup (250 mL) Rubicon Mango Exotic Juice Drink
1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
½ cinnamon stick
½ cup (125 mL) sweet hickory or mesquite barbecue sauce
1 tsp (5 mL) liquid smoke flavour
¼ tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika
½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
3 lbs (1.4 kg) pork belly or shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 Tbsp (30 mL) fine sea salt
1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic powder
1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
1. In a 1-quart (1 L) saucepan, add Mango Exotic Juice Drink, and butter over medium heat, stir to melt butter, add cinnamon stick, and let cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add barbecue sauce, liquid smoke, paprika, pepper, stir and bring to a boil, lower to simmer
for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Remove sauce from heat, set aside.
3. Rinse pork, under cold water, pat dry with paper towel, set aside on a plate or in a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl add remaining ingredients and mix with a fork to combine spices.
5. Season the pork to taste generously with the seasoned salt (best when set aside in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight), store remaining mixture in an airtight container to use another time.
6. Add the seasoned pork to a 6-quart (6 L) wide-bottom saucepan with water to cover. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, lower to simmer for 1 hour, until pork is tender when pierced with a fork. Remove pork from liquid (discard liquid), transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, let cool enough to handle.
7. Grease grill grate, and fire it up to 350°F (180°C). Brush skin side of pork with sauce, thread pork cubes through skewers so the pieces are touching but not squished together.
8. Grill the skewers while brushing on the mango-barbecue sauce and turning over 3 minutes per side for approximately 6-9 minutes. Serve at once with additional sauce for drizzling.