Makes 2 12-inch dessert pizzas
1 prepared store-bought pizza dough
16-20 large fresh whole strawberries, rinsed
¼ cup (60 mL) melted butter
2 Tbsp (30 mL) pure honey
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
2 cups (500 mL) Semi-Sweet Chocolate
½ cup (125 mL) heavy cream
1 squeeze bottle of strawberry or raspberry syrup
1 carton Neale’s Sweet n Nice Pineapple n’ Coconut Ice Cream
2 tsp (10 mL) powdered sugar for garnish
Mint leaves, chiffonade for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Dust a clean surface with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out the first ball of dough evenly 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick for a thin crust pizza.
2. Pierce the dough with a fork or a pastry docker to promote even baking. Set the dough aside on a 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan sprayed with oil.
3. Add strawberries to a medium bowl. In a small dish mix the butter, honey and lemon juice together. Pour over the strawberries and toss. Grill on high for approximately 1-2 minutes for grill marks. Let cool, cut in half and set aside.
4. Chop the chocolate and place a 1-quart (1L) pot over medium heat, add the cream and cook until tiny bubbles start to form.
5. Spread the chocolate sauce over the pizza dough and bake for approximately 3-4 minutes or until crust in golden and done.
6. Touch up with more melted chocolate, drizzle the syrup over the chocolate. Add sliced grilled strawberries over the pizza dough. Cut the pizza into four large slices or six slices.
7. Using the larger side of a melon baller or 2 tablespoons, scoop ice cream and position over the pizza slices, garnish with the sugar, mint leaves (optional) and serve at once.