The secret to this delectable seafood boil is that I make my own Cajun seasoning
that’s added to a beer-based buttery garlic sauce that is so lip-smacking good!
Cajun Seasoning (or substitute with Old Bay Seasoning)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) smoked paprika
2 Tbsp (30 mL) fine sea salt
2 Tbsp (30 mL) garlic powder
1 Tbsp (15 mL) onion powder
2 tsp (10 mL) ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper
2 tsp (10 mL) dried thyme
2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
1 Tbsp (15 mL) dried parsley
1. Place all ingredients in a small dish and mix thoroughly with
a fork. Keep in an airtight container (use within 2 months.)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
2-3 lbs. smoked Kielbasa sausage cut into 1-inch-thick pieces
4 Tbsp (60 mL) garlic minced
2 Tbsp (30 mL) Lobster base
8 cans of beer
1 L (4 cups) seafood stock, heated
6 medium red potatoes, quartered
6 ears of corn, shucked and cut in half
6-8 fresh thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
Juice of 3 lemons
1 large sweet onion, cut into eights
3 Tbsp (45mL) dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon pepper seasoning
2 Tbsp (30 mL) Cajun seasoning (or Old Bay + 2 tsp cayenne pepper)
1-2 Tbsp (30 mL) Caribbean hot sauce
1 lb (4 sticks) butter
6 lobster tails (6-8 oz each)
5 lbs colossal snow crab clusters
1 lb mussels
1-2 lbs jumbo shrimps
2 tsp (10 mL) Herbs de Provence (optional)
1. Heat a large enough stock pot with oil and butter over medium heat. Add the sausage
sear for 2-3 minutes per side, remove and set aside on a plate.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute until fragrant, add lobster base, stir. Add the beer and stir
to deglaze the bottom of the pot, let cook until reduced by half.
3. Add stock, potatoes, corn, thyme, bay leaves, lemon juice, onions, bring up to a boil, lower to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Add sugar, seasonings, hot sauce, butter and stir to melt. Add lobster, cook 5 minutes, add
all other seafood and cook for 10-15 minutes or until opaque, add hot water (or more stock) to cover if you need more sauce.
5. Adjust seasoning, add Herbs de Provence if using, serve at once with crusty baguettes for dipping into the sauce and enjoy!