Serve these next level nachos whenever you’re entertaining friends for
an impressive and tasty display.
Yields: 6 servings
Mango Pico de Gallo
1 cup ripe Kent (non-fibrous) mango, diced
2 small ripe tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
¼ red onion, diced
1 serrano chili, seeds removed and diced
¼ cup (60 mL) diced cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1 pinch ground cumin to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and toss. Season to taste.
2. Cover bowl and refrigerate.
2 Ontario turkey thighs, cooked, shredded or chopped
1 ¼ cup Island Gurl Foods Mango Jerk Sauce, divided
2 cups store bought queso, heated, divided
110-oz. tin can, bottom and top removed
1 (12-oz.) bag thick tortilla chips, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 can black beans, puréed, heated, divided
1 recipe mango pico de gallo, divided
4 strips turkey bacon, cooked crispy, chopped, divided
½ cup guacamole and pickled red onions (optional)
1 cup feta cheese or cotija for garnishing
1 cup Mexican créma or sour cream
1 cup jarred jalapeno slices, divided (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add turkey, 1 cup of mango jerk sauce, sauté for 5 minutes to heat through, set aside.
2. To assemble the nachos, place the tin can over a butcher’s block or large enough platter. Using a ladle add some of the warm melted queso, a layer of chips, more queso, shredded cheese, black beans, shredded turkey thigh, mango pico de gallo, turkey bacon and repeat about three layers or until piled up high to top of can. Add remaining queso, around perimeter and on top of chips.
3. Garnish with guacamole, pickled red onions, feta cheese, créma and jalapeno slices if using. Carefully lift can to unveil the tower of nachos, it’s even more appealing when it collapses. Serve at once.